Wednesday 22 June 2016

My first pull request at git repository.

I worked with HTML5 client logout from the second week of Jun.

After finished to implement, I tried to send pull request at git repository on last week.

However, I had some problem log-in part after I did git stash and fetch, merge from upstream/master branch.

According to console log, the meeting room could not be created and the 'validated' column of Users was set to false. When user logout, the user could not log out normally.


I could not find where the error was for the first time. However, I compared with the file from my laptop, I found the error. The error was in eventHandler.js at meeting.


Before merge with upstream/master, the code was..

eventEmitter.on('get_all_meetings_reply', function (arg) {


After merge with upstream/master, the code was changed to

eventEmitter.on('get_all_meetings_reply_message', function (arg) {

This message is coming from MessageNames at akka-bbb-apps, the version between mine and server was different.


After checking everything, I sent pull request at git repository for the first time.
I got comments a lot about my PR and I fixed everything.

Some of them was that I made files unnecessarily.
I divided every function in different files, especially the functions related to clear session and set the location when user logout.
But I put it together in Auth. 

I also set up dev_1.1 of bigbluebutton development environment.
And I'm implementing to open confirmation box when user do double click "Leave session"

No comments:

Post a Comment