Monday 6 June 2016

Working with new computer at three weeks in CDOT.



Tuesday : I got a new desktop computer on last Tuesday from professor and started to assemble my new computer. I assembled my computer and tried to install windows but it was stuck in the first step of installation. I thought computer is very slow to install windows so it had some problems.

Wednesday : I assembled my computer with another parts of computer and tried to install windows again. Fortunately, it worked and checked the update whole day.

Thursday : My computer didn't finish to check windows update when I turned on the computer. So I waited to finish it.

Friday : I started to set up the BBB's development environment on my new computer.
I changed "sudo npm install grunt-cli"at package.json.
Unfortunately, it showed the error when I run "./start.sh" at bigbluebutton-html5 directory.

Error was ..

  "react" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/imports/ui/components/user-list/chat-list-item/component.jsx (web.browser)
  "load-grunt-tasks" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/Gruntfile.js (web.browser)
  "react-dom" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/imports/ui/components/chat/message-list/component.jsx (web.browser)
  "react-router" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/imports/ui/components/user-list/chat-list-item/component.jsx (web.browser)
  "history" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/imports/startup/client/routes.js (web.browser)
  "classnames" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/imports/ui/components/user-list/chat-list-item/component.jsx (web.browser)
  "underscore" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/imports/ui/components/button/component.jsx (web.browser)
  "react-intl" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/client/main.jsx (web.browser)
  "react-addons-css-transition-group" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/imports/ui/components/whiteboard/default-content/component.jsx (web.browser)
  "react-modal" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/imports/ui/components/modals/settings/submenus/SessionMenu.jsx (web.browser)
  "react-autosize-textarea" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/imports/ui/components/chat/message-form/component.jsx (web.browser)
  "classnames/bind" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/imports/ui/components/user-list/user-list-item/component.jsx (web.browser)
  "react-intl/locale-data/en" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/client/main.jsx (web.browser)
  "react-intl/locale-data/es" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/client/main.jsx (web.browser)
  "react-intl/locale-data/pt" in /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5/client/main.jsx (web.browser)

I just tried to clone my git repository again and my console showed another error when I run "npm install" according to the instruction.

Error was ..
  npm ERR! Error: EACCES, mkdir '/home/firstuser/tmp/npm-112557-pCIYTMRR'
  npm ERR!  { [Error: EACCES, mkdir '/home/firstuser/tmp/npm-112557-pCIYTMRR']
  npm ERR!   errno: 3,
  npm ERR!   code: 'EACCES',
  npm ERR!   path: '/home/firstuser/tmp/npm-112557-pCIYTMRR' }
  npm ERR!
  npm ERR! Please try running this command again as root/Administrator.

  npm ERR! System Linux 4.2.0-27-generic
  npm ERR! command "/usr/bin/nodejs" "/usr/bin/npm" "install"
  npm ERR! cwd /home/firstuser/dev/bigbluebutton/bigbluebutton-html5
  npm ERR! node -v v0.10.25
  npm ERR! npm -v 1.3.10
  npm ERR! path /home/firstuser/tmp/npm-112557-pCIYTMRR
  npm ERR! code EACCES
  npm ERR! errno 3
  npm ERR! stack Error: EACCES, mkdir '/home/firstuser/tmp/npm-112557-pCIYTMRR'
 
I tried to set up on my laptop on Sunday.
My laptop also had the same problem so I googled the solution.

Finally, I found the solution.
"npm install" was not correct.
"sudo npm install" is correct.

What a stupid I am!! OMG!!

No comments:

Post a Comment